An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Accountant with strong book-keeping skills to join our client’s team in Macclesfield.
With a combined turnover of £3M, our client is looking for an enthusiastic individual to report to the Group Financial Controller and will be responsible for all aspects of financial processing and banking across 3 business units.
Key responsibilities but not exclusive to:
• Processing on Sage 50
• Managing Purchase Orders
• Managing Suppliers (Account queries / Credit Limits / Account Reconciliations)
• Daily Banking - Inputting and processing payments and Supplier invoices
• Generating Weekly Supplier Payment Run
• Generating Bacs Payments
• Bank and Balance sheet reconciliations
• Managing Petty Cash
• Working with Excel spreadsheets
• Managing the Company Credit Cards process - monthly statements / posting transactions on the system, etc.
• Answering telephone calls, dealing with client/supplier/staff queries
• Maintain office stationery levels
• General office Ad-Hoc Project/Administration work
• Payroll co-ordination
• VAT Returns
Required knowledge and experience:
• Experience in a similar role.
• Experience of using Xero accounting software
• Advanced Excel skills.
• The ability to work to a very high standard to meet tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Enthusiasm and drive to take ownership of a role
Benefits and schedule:
• On-site Parking
• Life Insurance
• Casual dress
• 28 days holiday (Increasing with years of service)
• Birthday off
• Day shifts
• Full time - Monday to Friday
• Book-keeping / accounting qualification
• Knowledge of Sage 50, CASH and Xero for Windows is an advantage
• AAT qualification or interest in your future study