Our prestigious client is looking to grow their Manchester team by hiring a Civil Engineer who has two or more years’ experience and is familiar with design software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microdrainage.
They work on a variety of schemes from early conception, through to planning, detailed design and delivery. They work as one team, supporting each other every day.
You’ll be able to approach technical challenges whilst helping to shape this small and growing business. If you’d like to know more, please get in touch with us.
• Production of drawings, calculations, reports and design documents
• Independently use design software, including AutoCAD, Microdrainage / WinDes, Civil 3D, KeySign and Lighting Reality
• Knowledge of the implementation of the designers’ duties as required under CDM (2015)
• Follow & contribute to company procedures for completing work to the highest standard and adding value to the schemes we deliver
• Coordinate with project engineers, engineering technicians and senior team involved in scheme delivery
• Awareness of design guides and standards
• Liaise with clients and third parties
• Identify and manage risks within your area of responsibility
• Complete site visits to review project constraints and construction progress
• Communicate openly and clearly with colleagues, clients and third parties
• Take personal responsibility for high quality work delivery and be organised to ensure deadlines are met
• Demonstrate a passion for engineering
• Comfortable working within a hardworking and supportive team environment
• Ability to problem solve and continually learn and develop
• A degree in Civil Engineering is desirable but not essential
• A desire to work towards your professional accreditation is preferred