A great opportunity is now available within an excellent client of ours to join their Human Resources team as the Environmental, Health & Safety Officer on a permanent basis to promote a professional Environmental and Health & Safety awareness/culture within the business.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual with a strong and positive leadership style who has proven experience within an H&S environment. Knowledge & experience of implementing, auditing and maintaining a QMS ISO 14001 system and an established track record in project management. An engineering/manufacturing background would be advantageous
To be successful in the role of Environmental, Health & Safety Officer you should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrate confidentiality and discretion with excellent attention to detail and accuracy skills. You will be professionally qualified, with preferably a Diploma or NEBOSH general certificate as a minimum. It is preferrable if you also possess a NEBOSH Fire Safety certificate & NEBOSH Environmental Certificate.
You will have an Environmental graduate reporting into you, so you will need to have Managerial or Supervisor experience.
• Report number of accidents and near misses
• Reduce RIDDOR reportable incidents to zero for staff
• Continual compliance to ISO 14001
• Ensure all relevant policies, procedures and legal requirements are implemented throughout the company
• Fully achieve compliance with legislation and the strategic direction of the company, demonstrating best practice with business constraints
• Ensure H&S safety, compliance and awareness is adhered to, ensuring the safety of all employees, customers, and visitors to the company
• Support the environmental, H&S strategic direction of the company
• Identify and implement energy saving improvements for the whole facility in line with environmental targets
• Ensure any contractors to site receive appropriate induction training
• Fully investigate all claims related to personal injury and collect data, witness statements and evidence etc and liaise with Company’s insurers
• Conduct H&S inductions for all new and existing employees, as required
• Ensure all areas requiring specific PPE are clearly identified and in use with safety notices clearly displayed
• Ensure COSH data sheets and risk assessments are in place and kept up to date
• Liaise with Human Resources regarding referrals to Occupational Health (OH) and put in any recommendations from OH to support the employee/s concerned
• To be responsible for first aid supplies, in terms of replenishing stock
• Identify all current waste produced on site and ensure suitable containment before collection or disposal
They will provide your equipment, workwear pension, Life Assurance Cover, Paycare Health Cash Plan, Free car parking and bike store, Subsidised restaurant, Training and career development opportunities for all staff, access to onsite medical advice, Power Tools staff discount, Perks At Work staff discount membership and a Staff bonus scheme related to performance
Your Annual Leave will start at 23 days p/a plus bank holidays. At present we have set shut down periods (Summer and Christmas)