We are looking for a person with a proven track record of selling into industrial markets to join our business as a full time Engineering Sales Executive.
Based on the Wrexham site the Engineering Sales Executive’s remit will be a broad one. Reporting to the Sales Office Manager you will be in a small sales team working to common goals. You will work with the sales team to highlight new business targets; you will develop existing relationships and you will work very closely with engineering to develop product. This is a hands-on role that requires a great deal of engineering and commercial experience.
• Regular telephone sales calls to our key accounts and prospects throughout the UK.
• Planning sales visits to key accounts including obtaining sales information, samples, sales tools etc.
• Completing sales & service visits to key accounts to grow the account (e.g. increase portfolio of parts)
• Completing sales visits to hot leads/prospects (either to follow up enquires already received or from cold call made)
• Completion of Sales Administration necessary following customer visits and enquiry generation. The primary task of these visits and calls is to obtain orders from our customers and prospects.
• Updating the CRM and quote system (Goldvision) with information from visits, calls and enquiries and managing alerts and follow ups.
• Working with the team and Production for the design and implementation of new products, including meetings and site visits.
• The preparation of quotations and proposals, their presentation and regularly planned follow up to current and potential customers.
• Dealing with arising problems of delivery delays, quality complaints price issues from key account customers and new customers and any related administration
• Negotiating with Production regarding delivery dates and methods of manufacture for new projects
• Dealing with incoming enquiries from the web site – this will involve technical advice, quotation generation, telephone calls and sales visits.
• The development of current and new markets to obtain growth for sales. This would include obtaining market directories; dealing with lead generation companies; research and qualification of prospects; visiting/attending shows; input for market specific literature and presentations for customers.
The essentials for the role are:
• A proven long term track record in industrial or engineering sales
• Good engineering understanding including measuring ability
• Good sales skills
• Good numeracy skills
• Good administration skills
• Good IT Skills
• The ability to work in a team
• Gold vision
• Sage Line 50
• ISO Compliance Log, Customer Returns Data Base and Supplier Return Data Base
• Specific customer quotation & order processing systems
• PU sheet, roller and wheel pricing
• General pricing methods for parts and tooling
Hours of work:
• 8.30am – 5pm Monday – Thursday
• 8.30am – 4.30pm Friday
• ½ hour for lunch
• All holidays are paid for
• 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (This increases to 23 days plus bank holidays with service)
• Holidays are accrued 1.67 days per month in the first year.
• Holidays must be kept back for shutdowns (1 week in May or 1 week in August plus 3-5 days at Christmas).
• Salaries are paid monthly in the last week of the month.
• Payment is direct into the employee’s account.
• The Company holds back the first week of pay.
• SSP is paid during sickness