My client is looking to bring on a Presales Engagement Specialist to further drive services revenue following a period of incredible success. You will be working for a business who evangelise Cloud, On-Premise and Hybrid technology solutions to solve customer problems and improve business process through technology. Their service teams pride themselves on providing best of breed solutions, and the solutions that you build with their architects will be of the highest industry quality. The customer retention rates over the last 5 years for services business are 96%, and this is a direct result of the care and time they put in to aligning customer requirements with the technical and operational capabilities.
1. Managing a presales engagement, from the point of customer request to closure, linking in the relevant resources at the right times to analyse requirements, create and close service-based opportunities
2. Define and present the vision and roadmaps for cloud-based and hybrid-cloud solutions for both existing clients, and our wider customer base who do not currently consume our services
3. To engage with customer senior leadership and project stakeholders to articulate opportunities, costs, and risks associated with decisions made around the platform architecture and implementation
4. Take ownership of service customer development plans, and establish strategic roadmaps and budgets in documented 5-year plans
5. Excellent negotiation skills, capable of presenting the strengths of the company and building excellent credibility during the engagement. Providing assurance to the customer champion - someone with the influence and power to sign off the strategy and wants the company to win based on a personal win internally, minimising any personal risk for them
6. Establishing the customer's Win Condition during qualification - what are the top 5 criteria and order of importance when considering the best supplier for the project? The courage to challenge these if they don't align with best practice
7. A quality driven approach, with the customers best interests at the centre of the engagement from start to finish
1. Previous similar experience and background within a Managed Service Provider environment for a minimum of 3 years
2. A proven track record of presales engagement, aligning customer requirements with technical specialists to fulfil win-win outcomes for both customers and the company
3. The capability to identify customer pain from a passing comment, and zone into more detail where appropriate to identify if a requirement exists to resolve
4. Excellent organisation, closely managing pipeline documents and presales notes to ensure management information is kept in an orderly state for project handover or historical record
5. Self-discipline to manage workloads and effectively set customer expectations on timescales for the presale’s engagement objectives
6. Be self-motivated with the ability to identify priorities and manage multiple workloads and projects
7. Excellent attention to detail, and a drive to ensure the best quality designs and proposals
8. Experience in conveying technical designs in a proposal format to a wide audience of business stakeholders, and identifying when to use what level of detail and content
9. Brilliant interpersonal skills, capable of building relationships with all types of character, and the patience to deal with difficult conversations to drive positive outcomes
10. A portfolio of win examples of similar projects which can be shared during interview stage, walking through the full engagement from identification, qualification, discovery, design, proposal and close.
a. How did you manage resources, qualify the opportunity, protect against wasted time for senior resources, overcome commercial challenges, address competitors, and close the opportunity?