Our Senior Civil Engineer role provides the opportunity to work on a variety of schemes from early conception, through to planning, detailed design and delivery. With support from a knowledgeable and well-respected team, you will take on technical challenges to further your engineering career as our business grows.
If you have experience in a similar role, are familiar with using software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microdrainage, with knowledge of design standards and good project management skills, we’d love to hear from you.
• Production of drawings, calculations, reports and design documents
• Independently use design software, including AutoCAD, Microdrainage / WinDes, Civil 3D, KeySign and Lighting Reality
• Knowledge of the implementation of the designers’ duties as required under CDM (2015)
• Follow & contribute to company procedures for completing work to the highest standard and adding value to the schemes we deliver
• Coordinate with project engineers, engineering technicians and senior team involved in scheme delivery
• Awareness of design guides and standards
• Liaise with clients and third parties
• Identify and manage risks within your area of responsibility
• Complete site visits to review project constraints and construction progress
• Communicate openly and clearly with colleagues, clients and third parties
• Take personal responsibility for high quality work delivery and be organised to ensure deadlines are met
• Demonstrate a passion for engineering
• Comfortable working within a hardworking and supportive team environment
• Ability to problem solve and continually learn and develop.
• A degree in Civil Engineering is desirable but not essential.
• A desire to work towards your professional accreditation (if not already achieved) is preferred