A 12-month post to provide training in all aspects of medical oncology including experience of advanced surgical and interventional oncologic procedures.
Duties will involve:
• Daily collaboration with all clinical and non-clinical teams
• Daily care of both inpatients and chemotherapy outpatients
• Client communication
• Diagnostic procedures and treatments
You will share primary care responsibility of our medical oncology patients with another medical oncology intern. You will also be included in the out-of-hours rota. Active involvement with clinical research is encouraged, leading towards a peer-reviewed publication.
You will be closely supervised by three specialists in medical oncology, all with different experiences, guaranteeing you a unique learning opportunity. Upon completing the programme, you will have gained confidence and competence in the comprehensive care of the small animal cancer patient. This post is ideally suited for candidates considering residency training in oncology, or for those interested in improving their medical oncology knowledge and confidence.
• Graduated veterinary surgeon (Essential)
• Completed a one-year rotating internship or at least two years of general small animal practice (Desireable).
• Be care driven,
• Be exceptionally organised,
• Able to operate in a 24/7 team environment.