Established in 1989, our client has rapidly grown to become one of the UK’s leading suppliers of personal protective equipment (PPE) and corporate workwear.
Their innovative, reliable and customer-focused approach to supplying PPE has driven continual growth and exceptional customer loyalty. As a family-owned business, dedication to prompt personal service from friendly knowledgeable staff has become a hallmark of the success. A proactive approach to meeting customer requirements, supported by same day despatch from our ever-increasing stockholding of quality products, enable us to achieve our goal of delivering excellence in PPE
Why this role has come about?
This role is specifically targeted at the smaller end of our client portfolio; customers typically purchasing between £25K-£100K of PPE per annum, this role is dedicated to the small company market. The job- holder will need to be a voracious, high-activity telephone sales professional, used to making high volumes of outbound calls every day to develop the business.
The purpose of the SME Account Manager role is to help the business continue to grow revenues profitability, primarily (but not exclusively) in the UK marketplace. This is achieved by identifying, targeting and securing new business opportunities, and developing and growing a selected portfolio of existing client business in the SME sector.
Team Size: 25 people in the company 6 people in the immediate Sales team
• Role is around 30% new business (from lapsed customers / leads; very little if any cold- calling is required) and 70% existing account management to retain and grow accounts
• Responsibility for the development of allocated SME accounts, both current and lapsed (approx. 400 existing SME accounts, and 400 lapsed customers.)
• N.B. this role will require a high level of telephone activity, to manage and grow existing accounts, and contact and re-energise lapsed accounts – former customers, who have stopped buying in the last 48 Months
• Qualification of leads generated by the website, inbound telephone calls, and other enquiries including engaging with customers or prospects by telephone.
• Communication of unique Customer Value Proposition - building the SME Customer base, and migrating existing Customers to the e-commerce platform
• Recording all Sales and Customer Care activity on CRM
• Liaison with the Marketing team to grow the e-commerce function / online sales
• Performing other sales-related duties and activities as may reasonably be assigned by the Sales Director from time to time
Specific Job Skills and Experience Required:
• Business to Business Telesales / Account Management Experience
• Spoken and written English to a high standard
• Educated to at least A-level standard - maybe with a further qualification in a business-related subject
• Ability to build strong rapport and create long lasting relationships at all levels from the front line to SME boardroom
• Able to multi-task and prioritise, and run multiple projects at any one time
• Experience in working within “hard” industry sectors where safety is important e.g. chemicals, manufacturing, construction, logistics / transport etc
• Excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator - Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Fluent in the use of Microsoft® Office technology
• PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook – and Salesforce or another common CRM platform
Literacy and Numeracy:
• Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g., gross margin percentages and calculations
• Must be able to demonstrate an ability to manipulate spreadsheets to a basic calculation level
• Excellent communicator - cheerful, articulate and interested in people, both on the phone and in person
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on quality, professionalism, Customer focus and business growth
• A natural forward planner who critically evaluates their own performance
• Highly competent organiser, with strong co-ordination and project management skills
• High degree of emotional resilience, with an ability to work well under pressure, and to deadlines
• A ‘can do’ attitude with an efficient approach to problem solving - Mature, credible, comfortable dealing with Customer &, Supplier contacts up to Director level
• Well presented, organised and business-like
• Able to get on with others and be a team-player
• A flexible approach to working hours when working to deadlines