Who are we?
As one of the UK’s leading independent IT and communication experts their mission is to deliver a seamless technology experience to all end users. To make that vision a reality, they need bright, tenacious and inspiring talent to help drive our performance, growth and achieve this mission.
To make them successful they focus on strong communication, a culture based on fun, trust and collaboration. They have created a modern workplace environment, which is full of engaged, energetic, positive and curious people whose productivity, resilience and wellbeing allow them to thrive.
About the role
This is an incredibly impactful role in a successful, mission driven B2B company. You will have growth opportunities and be able to collaborate closely with other creative and engaged team members. You will be working for an awarding winning rapidly expanding FMCG Business based in its New purpose-built site in Blackburn the successful candidate will work 3 days a week on-site and two days remote working from home. There will also be a visit to the London office once a month. As the 2nd line Support Engineer, you will work as part of a talented team to provide end user support on both a remote service desk and hands-on basis.
What you’ll do
• Working as part of a team operating within an ITIL environment, you will help maintain a detailed log of support issues, helping turn these around into resolutions as effectively as possible
• Remotely accessing customer environments and carry out fault diagnostics
• Preparing and building customer equipment as required
• This role will be fantastic platform for the successful candidate to progress quickly into the infrastructure space, and work on 3rd Line support, and complex projects
• Provide technical advice and recommendations for tickets assigned to 1st line colleagues, transferring knowledge to junior colleagues
• Completing small projects as required, including researching and testing new products and technologies
• Work within strict SLA timeframes and manage escalation of incidents
• Running Daily Checks
What are we looking for?
• Have a can-do attitude and be a team player
• Ability to work flexibly and prioritise workload
• Windows Server troubleshooting, ideally through to Server 2019.
• Active Directory, Virtualisation, ideally Hyper-V, Desktop Support Windows 10 machines
• Office365 and/or Exchange Server, Basic networking troubleshooting, such as TCP/IP
• Group Policies
• User admin – AD & O365
• Deskside support – laptop & desktop, local & remote
• Soft skills – customer interaction & workload management
• 1 day per month travel to London required (all expenses paid)
• Networking – Cisco Meraki
• Firewalls – Cisco Meraki
They offer a wide range of benefits and incentives to our employees including:
• ‘Design Your Life’ training and development programme
• Flexible working
• Company Pension Scheme and matching contributions
• Company Perks portal
• Private Medical insurance
• Life assurance
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus holiday trading
• Your Birthday off, on us!
• Health Club and Wellbeing Scheme
• Shares after 12 months employment
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Technical Training Academy and E-learning
If even 80% of this matches your experience and attributes, we would be delighted to hear from you.